I’ve been thinking what I should write about this week and then along comes my saviour Lizzie Rose Jewellery who has very kindly nominated me, Georgia P for a Kreativ Blogger award, thanks Cath. Cath also makes jewellery and is very lucky as she lives in Singapore and takes great inspiration from the place, you should click her link and go and read her 7 interesting facts, they are far better than the ones I’ve been able to come up with below.
Interesting facts, I hear you say, Why? Well as part of the award I have to tell you 7 interesting things about myself, this is quite difficult for me as my other Blog, The Crafty Network got nominated for a different award a few weeks back and I had to write 7 interesting things then, so this means I have to think of another 7, so here goes.
- I am a total and utter control freak, I love organising, planning, writing lists, keeping documents in order, bossing men about etc. I used to be a Project Manager in the Telecommunications industry and this I must say was my ideal job as it allowed me to work and boss men about on a daily basis.
- I can put my legs in the Lotus position (as in Yoga) and then walk around on my knees.
- I can’t decide if my favourite food is Italian or Indian, as I love both, I could very easily alternate between a pizza or pasta one night and a curry the next.
- I love reading books, I think reading is far better than watching a film based on a book. But, I have to confess to reading the last page usually when I’m about half way through just so I won’t be dissapointed with how the plot pans out.
- I have lots of patience and I have spent many many hours sewing seed beads and doing a cross stitch tapesty, but I couldn’t sew a straight line on a sewing machine if I tried as I like pressing the pedal too hard!
- Not about me exactly, but I’m proud to say my brother in law last year became an ‘Iron Man’ twice! For those who don’t know what this is, it’s a long distance sporting triathlon event which consists of swimming 2.4m (3.8km) in open water, followed by a 112 mile (180.25km) cycle ride and then running a marathon (26.2m /42.2km), all to be completed in one day. And this year he is going to donate one of his kidney’s to his 3yr old grandson. My husband has now got the bug for running and cycling as his family bought him entry into a triathlon last year for his birthday, with only 6 weeks to train! Some birthday present when you haven’t done any proper swimming, running or cycling for years! It all puts me to shame!
- I have always believed in fate and things happen for a reason, but I also think you can’t sit still and wait for things to happen, you have to have a positive outlook and make the most of whatever comes your way.
Cath has also posed some questions, to which I have to answer one. Here’s the list:
1. Which place would you most like to visit, and why?
2. In my next incarnation, I would like to be…?
3. Which person from history would you most like to meet and why?
4. What has been the most exciting experience you have ever had?
5. Have you a life lesson that you would like to share?
6. The best meal I ever had was…?
7. What changes would you most want to implement if you were a leading politician?
8. The best holiday I ever had was…?
9. The quality I most admire in a friend is…?
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
11. Do you have a favourite walk, and if so where?
An easy one for me, I would answer Question 1.
I would love to visit China, to walk the Great wall, visit Xian to see the Terracotta Army, Shanghai, The Forbidden City in Beijing and see Giant Pandas in their natural habitat, their culture is so different.
Now in keeping with the Kreative Blogger Award tradition, I have to nominate seven other Kreativ Bloggers. The following are blogs that I follow and read on a regular basis.
Well thanks for reading and enjoy your day.